Sunday, September 28, 2008

You did what?

So I thought it would be nice to write something lighter today, since yesterday was a bit deeper. Here is a quick, SHORT story about T. 

Yesterday T, who is doing well with potty training, came running out of the bathroom towards L and I in the living room. "Daddy, I didn't go pee in the garbage can." he said. 

If that isn't an admission of guilt, I am not sure what is. Concerned, I get up and head over towards the bathroom. As I start walking T grabs me around the waist and starts trying to stop me. "No, don't go in there." he was screaming repeatedly. When I get to the bathroom, dragging a T behind me, I see the floor around the small garbage can is wet. I pull off the lid with the swinging door on top and look inside. Luckily the can was just emptied the day before because now it had been used as a toilet. 

There was a time-out involved, and a discussion. Hopefully the problem is resolved and will not happen again. 

I just think it is funny that he sometimes tells us what he did wrong by telling us he didn't do it. Especially when no one even asked him anything or accused him of anything.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

from my experience, don't count on it not happening again! LOL. But hopefully it won't, for all sanity's sake... The only things I could suggest is that next time he cleans it up.. sounds harsh but he made the mess and it's now his problem. You should check out my "poo flinging" post.. very funny and every parents nightmare!

irisiku said...

Cute. Let's just hope he didn't go 'No, daddy I kill no chicks today...'

CaseyE said...

Aww - I can say that's cute because I'm not the one who has to clean it up ; ) Peeing in the trash can....definitely a boy thing. lol.