Sunday, November 9, 2008

An Uber Amazing Award!!!

You know it is a good month when you get not one, but two awards. I received another award a few days ago from Elaine at My Life as a SAHM. You know that is one of my favorite blogs to read because when you read her posts, you really feel like you know her and her family. She comes across as very warm, friendly and honest. Her writing draws you in and you kind of feel like you're a part of her world. Of course now she is even more of a favorite for me, because I can see she has just as good of taste in blogs as I do.  ;-)

Here's what I am supposed to do; pick people I haven't already given an award to and extend my blog roll:

For the Uber Amazing Blog award, it is given to sites who:

  • inspires you

  • makes you smile and laugh

  • or maybe gives amazing information

  • a great read

  • has an amazing design

  • and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!


The rules of this award are:


  • Put the logo on your blog or post.

  • Nominate at least 5 blogs that for you are Uber Amazing!

  • Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.

  • Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from.


1. It's Gonna Take More Than a Hamburger to Make Me Happy: I know I named her site as a Cool Blog of the Week already, but it is definitely an uber amazing blog worthy of an award. Who knew I would actually have a strong opinion about the consistency of spaghetti sauce. Read her post on the topic and see who you agree with.

2. Dad - The Dude: This is another new one on my reading list. He is a dad with a great sense of humor. I like it when I come across a blog were most of the posts make me laugh out loud. Some of his recent topics included NASCAR and Rednecks. You can't go wrong with material like that.





3. A Letter to Xander: I have been reading this blog for a while. Every time I read this blog I think to myself, "That is such a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?" Xander's mom simply writes a letter to him every few days to record all the amazing new things he can do that week, or just the funny things that would be great to remember far into the future.  How cool would it be to be able to go back years from now and read what your child was doing day by day. Priceless! Xander's mom also has another blog called the Un-Mom where she blogs about non-parenting things in her life. Both are a great read.

4. Creative-Type Dad: Yes, another dad blog. It is true I seek out other dad blogs so I can see if I am doing things right. So far I have learned that most dad's have their own unique style that is just as odd as mine. Creative-Type Dad has an unusual fascination with KFC. He somehow inserts it into many of his posts. It reminds me of how Seinfeld added a superman figure or reference in every episode. Being that I love fried chicken and KFC is awesome, the blog certainly works as a staple in my reading list.

5. Bathtub Junkie: This is one of the blogs I have followed since around the first day I got into blogging. She has a wonderful family with two toddlers and a kitty named Little Beast. How cute is that? When I wanted to start blogging, this is one of the sites my wife recommended I start reading because she does such a great job. When you read her blog you feel like you are a part of her family as well.

2 comments:

Julie@Cool Mom Guide said...

It's because you kick ass!

Ken said...

WOoo Hooooo! Go me! LOL Thank you Julie!