Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bookwork Meme!

I’ve been tagged with the Bookworm Meme by Signe Says.  Here’s how this meme works:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
5. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one. Pick the Closest.
6. Tag five people to do the same.

Soooooo....  After an extensive search of the living room, which is not the room I typically do my reading in, I was able to find 20 books. Here is the fun part; two of them play songs, three or four of them have sound effects buttons you push as you read the story, about 10 of them are level one readers which do not have more than 30 pages. Luckily for me I did find one book that had over 56 pages. I'm guessing you will all know the book from the brief text on the page:

All Cinderella's friends were very sad when they saw her sobbing: "What could we do to comfort her?" they asked each other. They looked up at the stars and suddenly one of them started growing bigger and bigger, until it turned into a fairy

And the winner's of the tag are:

Toni at It's Nap Time:    Just because I wanted to make a new friend. =-) 

Me and the Blue Skies

The Un-Mom 

Carole's Thoughtful Spot

Small Town Mommy

6 comments:

Anne said...

Thank you for thinking of me! I know, I know, I have 2 girls, I completely recognize the story. Let me guess, Cinderella?

Raquel said...

Hi there, it's my first here. I guess, most of your stuff there are for kids. Just wondering because you have grabbed the Cinderella's book quickly. ;)

Toni said...

Thanks so much for the tag. I will get it posted and let you know it is up!!!

iceah said...

your family looks great c:

Keely said...

Ooh, cool meme. I'll get to it tomorrow probably :) Thanks for the tag!

Toni said...

I have posted it! Thanks again for tagging me!