Thursday, November 6, 2008

My First Award!!!

Preston over at IMe and the Blue Skies has awarded me with the Proximidade Award. He tells me that “This blog invests and believes, in ‘proximity’ [meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' - being close through proxy]. These blogs are all charming and they aim to show the marvels of friendship. Let’s give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to eight bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text."

Preston wrote some very nice words about my site and I want to thank him for being so kind. I am humbled and amazed that people read what I have to write, and am very excited that someone thought it worthy of some recognition. So, thank you for handing me my first award. I follow Me and the Blue Skies as well. Preston was the person who changed the way I looked at flatulence. It used to be something to be ashamed of, and now I can be proud to be helping lower the blood pressure of my family, even though my wife may not agree. You will have to read the post to understand. Preston also shares the same political slant that I do, so reading his blog posts about the election didn't stress me out. When you get a chance stop in and say hello to Preston. Oh, and be prepared, he was once named runner up in the Miss Cooper River Drag Beauty Contest. He is full of surprises and opinions which I am sure will keep you going back for more.

So, now I need to pass it on to other worthy bloggers. Here are some of my favorite reads that deserve an award. All of these are fun to read, informative and definitely worthy of every award around. This award recognizes blog friendships, so I pass it along to those of you who are my friends, whether it be a new friendship, or long time friends I love following your blogs as often as I can. I also had some others I wanted to give the award to, but I saw they already had the award. Maybe I need to create a new blog award since some of you already have so many there may not be any left for you to receive.

   My Life as a SAHM

 Three Little Hartzells - See How They Play   Three Little Hartzells - See How They Play
1581884212_57276dd550_oScary Mommy

   Signe Says
    Cool Mom Guide

    News From NOLA

   WeSnLaNi

   A Mom's TLC

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks so much:) Super kind of you!! Can't wait to pass it along.

Preston said...

You just HAD to tell them about the Miss Cooper River Drag Beauty contest, didn't you??? You have a great blog and thanks for your kind words as well. I will be checking out your awardees!

Scary Mommy said...

Awww, thanks, and congratulations to you! It's just been a week of all the right people getting recognized, huh? :)

Valery said...

This is my first award thank you so much!! I am so excited.

Elaine said...

Thank you!!! Very exciting, it has made my day :)!!!! I am deeply honored that you would send me an award. Your posts have been great to read as well, so thank you!!! Many Blessings, Elaine

Joey said...

Thanks Ken! I'm excited to hopefully have some new people check out our blog.

Why, Thank You!! | Signe Says said...

[...] what Dad to Two gave [...]

Signe said...

Thank you so much! Great surprise :)

Sara said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me and reading! I am posting my award ASAP.

Sara

www.newsfromnola.blogspot.com

Mizé said...

Hi. Congrats for the Portuguese Award. I´m happy to see it was spread on the blogsphere, specially blogs from different countries.
Thanks for visiting my blog trough Entrecard. A good Sunday.
Cheers!