Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby Q Bites Winnie the Pooh

[caption id="attachment_262" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Baby Q holding Pooh Bear."]Baby Q holding Pooh Bear.[/caption]

Since today is the my day to hang out with baby Q, I thought I would write a little update about her. It has been such a fun past few days because she is starting to develop skills faster. Within the past few days she has gone from being able to roll from her back to her stomach, and two days ago she learned how to reverse that and return to her back again. It is an awkward stage when they can only roll one way. She would spend so much energy trying like mad to roll onto her stomach, and then once she got there she would decide that it wasn't as much fun as she thought it would be. That is when the crying starts since she was stuck there at that point. At least now, she can roll herself back over to her back again and we can avoid a few tears.

Secondly, she is getting so much better at using her hands to manipulate her environment. Babies seem to really start learning so much faster once they can use their hands better, and that is were she is now. She can finally grab things, pick them up, hold them in front of her face to look at, and of course shove them into her mouth. Everything apparently tastes bad since she makes a very sour face when she puts things in her mouth for the first time. It is like she expected the stuffed owl to taste delicious, and then found it tasted like cloth. It is very nice to go though these stages again with the second baby. They went so fast with the T, and are going fast with Q also, but just watching her develop adds a little happiness to my chicken farm days. Everyday is just something new to look forward to. Like this morning, I know she is babbling, but when I am holding her right after a feeding she sure seems like she is talking to me. Soft gentle words with no meaning that I can comprehend, but she looks like she is telling me a story about her day. I am sure in those babbles I heard 'dada' a couple of times. I expect that was when she was reminding me how much fun I had changing her poopy diaper this morning and the faces I made when I noticed I had poop on my hand. Maybe not a high point in my day, but to her I am sure it was hilarious.

P.S. Being that I am a veteran it is only right that I say happy Veteran's Day to all my fellow veterans out there. Thank you all for a job well done.

8 comments:

» Baby Q Bites Winnie the Pooh said...

[...] Since today is the my day to hang out with baby QI thought I would write a little update about her. It has been such a fun past few days because she is starting to develop skills faster. Within the past few days she has gone from being … More [...]

Preston said...

Happy Veteran's Day buddy! And that blog on your entrecard widget looks fabulous!

Ken said...

I only offer the best blogs on my widgets. I think everyone should check them out. Especially today.

Elaine said...

Hey Happy Veterans Day! And cute story, I miss those baby days... :(

Mary said...

Ken, I love your blog! I enjoy your sense of humor and love the fact that you are an involved and plugged in dad!

ADORABLE children--beautiful family!

Mary

Anne said...

The photo is adorable. And biting is how babies keep those Disney characters in line.

RYErnest said...

Nice post u have here :D Added to my RSS reader

johnny said...

fRxTv9 Thanks for good post