Sunday, November 30, 2008

Selling Chickens Tonight

Sorry, I have been really busy the last few days. They are taking the chickens tonight, well, actually it is tomorrow since they start the first house at 1 A.M. Then it is one house every 2 hours according to the schedule. So, I am up all afternoon today getting the houses ready, and then all night getting drinker lines raised up so they can get the fork lifts in there and the crews to take out the chickens. I should be done sometime around noon tomorrow. It is a mixed feeling at the end of the flock. I am so happy to get the chickens out of here, but the cost is I have to be awake for 36 hours straight. Then again, after that I usually sleep all day, so i can get caught up. It all balances out in the end. Think heavy thoughts!

2 comments:

Preston said...

I hope your Chicken selling went well!

Ken said...

Well, I don't expect to much from the sale, but as far as getting them all out, that part went well. I did get a short nap from 5 A.M. to 6 A.M. when I fell asleep on the couch waiting for them to finish one of the houses. I don't think anyone noticed...