Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Day Like Any Other

"T, it is time for nap."

"No, thank you."

"I think you heard me wrong. When I said, "it is time for nap?", you must have heard "would you like to take a nap.""

"No thank you. I want to play with my cars."

"OK, let me try again. No thank you is not an option. Your options for nap time are: would you like to take a nap in Mommy and Daddy's bed, your bed, on the couch with the TV off, or... on the floor, or on a blanket on the fireplace?"

"Could I have a blanket on top of me on the fireplace and could Tigger sleep with me too?"

"Hmmm. Actually I was kind of kidding about the fireplace. You really want to take a nap on the fireplace?"

"I want to sleep on there with Tigger."

"OK, then the fireplace it is.

[caption id="attachment_661" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Don't worry, the fire is fake. "]nap by the fire place[/caption]

Some times coloring is such serious work that you need to put on your serious face and your silly wiki stick glasses to do it right. 

[caption id="attachment_663" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Serious coloring requires serious glasses"]Serious coloring requires serious glasses[/caption]

9 comments:

iceah said...

he is really cute and funny c:

john said...

my kids love to sleep by the fire place. I know i have been known to fall asleep in front of it myself.

frogmama said...

What a diplomatic exchange!

Mara said...

aww how adorable can your kid get? and i agree with frogmama, what a diplomatic exchange :)

Tami said...

Cute stuff. Isn't it amazing how these little guys think there's a way to opt-out of naptime! :)

Signe said...

Hey, a nap's a nap, no matter where it is :D

MadMadMargo said...

How sweet is that? I know difficult to argue with someone that so sweet, my grandson is the same way.

Rob said...

LOL that is funny. At least he finally napped.

Ken said...

Well, the fireplace nap worked for two days. The third day it lost its "newness" factor and once again we had a no nap day. Maybe I need to try a new option today. How about an under the kitchen table nap? LOL Who knows, maybe it will work.