Friday, March 20, 2009

Tales From the Toilet

Let's place a disclaimer here: For anyone who doesn't want to hear about the musings of a toddler about poop, come back tomorrow and hopefully I will have moved on to another subject. 

A month ago I was waiting patiently for T to finish his business on the toilet. "Are you done yet?" I asked. "Not yet! I made one on the left, and then one on the right. Now I have to make one in the middle." 

Today I was called in by the "I'm Done" call. What an honor that is. I headed into the bathroom, T leans forward and I see this huge monstrosity that could not possibly have come out of a child, laying there in the toilet. "Whoa!!!" I said out of shock. 

T looks up at me and says," It looks like a letter, but I don't know what letter it is." 

"That is the letter U" I tell him. "one of the biggest U's I have ever seen." 

He always did have problems remembering the U. Maybe this will be the thing that makes him remember it forever. "Remember the letter you made in the toilet?" I could use as a prompt. Oh how much fun this will be when he is 16 and his friends come over. I can tell the story of how T learned to recognize the letter U.

10 comments:

Ivette said...

hysterical! who wouldn't want to read toddler poopy thoughts? am still waiting for my youngest (3.5) to lose the diapers.

Otter said...

Children makes poop a normal topic of conversation. I am still in the smeared all over the diaper stage but I anxiously await the letter pooping stage.

Stacy said...

Ah, the "I'm Done" call. My son always called for me, no matter what. He never calls for his Dad, too bad for me. He's 8 now, but every now and then he will say, "I may need your help". Which is why I invest in the bathroom wipes, they work good for kids who can do it themselves, and don't still yell "I'm Done". :)

Mom said...

OH MY!!!

Jill@ModernMommyBlog said...

hmmm Dr. Oz would say your son has a healthy colon. LOL.

Rob said...

My son is 6 yrs old and still wants me to look. LOL. I remember those days. Fun stuff. Hopefully my baby girl won't be so foul once out of diapers.

Merydith said...

That is so funny. I will have to wait what story I will have with my son.

Kelly said...

that will be a great story for the girlfriends down the road!

Janelle said...

My daughter always has to tell us what hers looks like, too. Snake, the letter L, pea. Fun to be a kid and get excitement from everyday things.

Andrea said...

Oh dear, I have so many things to look forward to when my son gets older, haha!