Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Three Things to Say on Tuesday

1. My son just had his fourth Birthday. Happy Birthday T! It was a lot of fun for him because when you are little, birthdays seem to go on much longer. On Friday  he had to bring treats for the kids in his pre-school. So for the day he was King and everyone loved him because he brought the sugar. (Not that he isn't loved there anyway. As I mentioned to my wife one day after dropping him off at school, he reminds me of Norm on Cheers. I open the door, T walks in and since were always the last ones there the whole class turns and looks, and yells out his name.) The next day was actually his birthday. We had a family party at home with food, presents (My parents even gave him his first two wheeled bicycle), and cake, followed by a very off key rendition of Happy Birthday.  The next day he had a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese with some of our friends whose daughter is just a little younger than he is. Lots of running around, pizza, video games, and more presents. I have to say I may be a little jealous. I'm thinking on my next birthday I want a three day extravaganza which should also involve Chuck E. Cheese. 

2. Happy end of St. Patrick's Day! Another St. Paddy's day slipped right past me. I remember those eleven years I was in college trying to get my four year degree I never let a St. Patrick's day go by unnoticed. It was a day I always looked forward to, yet somehow seldom remembered. I do remember they typically started early in the day with a special on Micky's big mouths at a campus bar named Kelly's in Oshkosh, WI. Ah, those were the days. 

3. I've been spending a lot of time with Baby Q this week since I am out of chickens. Yesterday I put her on the floor, in a tightly closed off area so I could get her a bottle. I came back in like two minutes and she is standing there with her pants in her hands playing peek-a-boo behind them. What is she, Houdini? Then I get the same thing when I came into her room after her nap. She is standing there in the crib in just her shirt and diaper, pants laying on the mattress over in a corner. All I know is I feel very lucky that after getting past the pants she didn't feel the need to go ahead and remove her diaper and fling that around. I think I need to look into baby suspenders or something.

4 comments:

Signe said...

Happy birthday to your son! Mine will be 4 in just a few more months. Kids' birthday parties are so much fun!
And good luck with Houdini. I had to literally tape my dd's diaper at bedtime after we had a few soggy-diaper-torn-apart-in-the-crib incidents.

Otter said...

Happy Birthday to the boy. Anyone that uses a Cheers reference is alright with me.

Preston said...

Happy Birthday T! Chuck E Cheese is THE place to have a birthday party. Woo Hoo!!

Ken said...

Chuck E. Cheese does Rock! We also found that the pizza there was delicious. T usually doesn't eat pizza, but there he had a full piece, and then asked for a second piece and ate both of them. It was very impressive. The last time he went there he was only one year old. It is a whole new world when they are four. He was able to play lots of games and do more things than he could last time, and there were still games that were too big for him. So he will be all set to go there again when he is older. Those people got it all figured out.
Thanks to everyone who left a birthday wish for T.