Tuesday, January 6, 2009

If Life Gives You Lemons...

I was awarded the Lemonade Stand Award by Nicole at Juicy Alligator. She has an incredible blog and a marvelous sense of humor. I was blown away when I saw that she passed this award on to me, and only me. Now I must say that sure makes a guy feel special. After such a long December, filled with illnesses, and long days of hard work, it felt good to have some praise. Thank you Nicole!

 

[caption id="attachment_523" align="aligncenter" width="292" caption="Look who's making lemonade"]Look who's making lemonade![/caption]

The rules state that I bestow it on blogs that display great attitude or gratitude! I also am supposed to pass it on to TEN other blogs. Ten is really a stretch for me, plus I really liked how being the only one to get it made me feel more special. So, with that logic being used to cover my laziness lack of available free time, I am going to pass it on to one person also. 

Thanks to EntreCard, I read a lot of blogs each week. I do what I can to try to read each persons most recent post as I am dropping my card on their site. So far I am very grateful for all of the wonderful blogs that it has helped me find. I could easily list off a bunch of them that I follow very closely, but that would cause problems because I would undoubtedly forget some of them and feel bad for not having listed them. So, I will just get right to the point and announce the WINNER of the LEMONADE STAND AWARD. And the winner is: Frogs in my Formula

This is one blog you should check out if you are not already reading it. Her family is incredible and seems to give her a never ending stream of entertaining things to write about. I can totally relate to her stories, and I think that is what makes her site so enjoyable. I am always laughing with her as she describes the craziness in her world in her own intoxicating, irrepressible, always entertaining voice. Congratulations Frogs in my formula, and thank you for having such a great attitude.

6 comments:

frogmama said...

I'll be the first, ehem, person to say that you made a fabulous choice! Just fantastic. LOL. Thanks for the kind words and the award. I got it from someone else awhile back, but I will pass it on (hopefully as eloquently as you)!

frogmama said...

Hi again. (Do ya like that? You flatter me and I'm suddenly a moth to flame!) I tagged you for a "seven random things" thingie. I hope you'll try it but if you don't feel like it, no worries.

Nicole said...

You're welcome and you deserve the praise! I love frogmama's blog, too--but it's great that you are letting others know about her absolutely hilarious blog--take good care--I hope your entire family is feeling better now... :)

Ken said...

Frogmama: Sorry I missed the fact that you had already received the award once. Let's just say your site is so good it deserves two of them. =-)
Nicole: Thank you. Oh, and the sickness has made a come back and two out of four of us are back on the couch for the day keeping warm and drinking liquids. I will be so happy when winter is over.
Tina: Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I am honored to have made the list.

Anne said...

Congratulations! And congratulations to frogmama too! Too excellent blogs that are fabulous places to visit.

Ken said...

Anne, YOU are so kind. Good to have you back from the ice storm. Glad it didn't last any longer than it did.