Sunday, January 18, 2009

Disney Pixar Cars for Wii

[caption id="attachment_546" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Lightning McQueen "]Lightning McQueen [/caption]

Have I mentioned that we too love our Wii game system. I read so many blogs where people talk about their Wii games and how much they love them. It seems to be all the rage lately. This past Christmas T received the Disney Pixar Cars video game. He loved the movie Cars. It was one of those that a toddler has to watch over and over ad nauseam until the parents can't take it any more. By that time though the whole family can quote all the lines in the movie, mostly to be able to understand all the stories that their toddler is telling them.

Once T gets into a movie or a game, that becomes a part of our lives. Even a trip to school becomes part of the movie, or video game. "That is Sally's cozy cone, and that building is where Filmore lives. Don't speed, or Sheriff will chase you. We could do a donut on the road here." Mostly it is a nonstop dialogue related to the movie and the game for the entire 20 minute drive. Oh, and no, he didn't learn "donut" from me driving him to school. That is one of those words he just used, and I don't know where he learned it. Oe day he yells to me that oh so familiar command," Daddy watch this!" I look right away, because if I don't I have to listen to "Daddy, watch this!" repeatedly until I do watch it. I know. I have a degree in elementary education, you think I could have taken a few minutes to change that behavior, but no. So far it has just been easier to just look. Anyway, I look at the TV. T says, "Watch, I am doing donuts." Sure enough he had lightning McQueen spinning around in circles in a parking lot doing donuts. 

No one we know has this game, and he can't read so I'm ruling out the internet. I guess he just figured out how to do it by playing with the controller long enough. It took him about 5 minutes of "Not like that, push this button and this button, and turn the wiimote like this!" for him to teach me how to do it. I'm not exactly as quick as he is at learning new things. Eventually I got it. 

All I know is there is NO WAY I'm letting this kid near a car when he is 16. Can you imagine???  "Dad, Watch This!!!" Ohh no, I'm not liking the thought of that.

11 comments:

Lydia @ On The Verge said...

Please stop by my blog. I tagged you for a meme.

Nicole said...

ha, ha, ha... So cute--those brilliant little buggers! We have a Wii, too--I suck at it... the end.

Jenn @ The Coupon Coup said...

This is good to know! My 3yo is a big Wii player...and a big Cars watcher...and what more could a mom want than to let the two combine and have ANOTHER obsession!! LOL

I would love to have a game he could figure out though...he "plays" Wii Sports and the Wii Fit...and has a lot of fun! But this sounds like it would be right up his alley!

Thanks!

melissa said...

Sounds like a fun game. We love love love the wii at our house too. Might have to pick this one up since my son loves Cars too. Thanks for sharing!

Farrah said...

We LOVE our Wii too! I think we REALLY bought it more for me than the kids this past Christmas!! LOL

Maria M (Conversations with Moms) said...

O.K I think it's time that my household gets a Wii. I hear nothing but great things about it so maybe I should join the video game generation.

Toni said...

We are in the movie stage of Cars!!! Oh my, the other day it played 4 times!!!!

Farrah said...

BTW...added your button to my blog button page. :-)

Ken said...

Yes, we certainly love our Wii. You have to be careful though, because it can easily become a babysitter when your not paying attention. Especially when the adults are sick and you are too ill and too exhausted to find constructive activities for the over active toddler to do. Since we have had more than our share of illnesses lately he has become a master at playing Cars. Yes, I am STILL fighting bronchitis. L on the other hand had a brief case of the flu, which T also had for a day. We are fairly certain this one came from his school since the day before he came home and told us about a girl in his class who threw up after lunch. The next day T threw up after dinner. I think kids are programmed to aim at difficult to clean fabrics when sick. The linoleum is RIGHT THERE, why aim at the cloth chair?
Aaaahhhhh, I have been tagged! LOL I am so behind. I will definitely make a post Lydia, as soon as I get caught back up.
Thanks for adding my button Farrah, I'll add you on my page as well. Nothing like some good link love! =-)

Anne said...

We have the cars game and love it. Mario Karts is fun too. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Kia (Good Enough Mama) said...

Sorry, we haven't seen that game yet. In our house (with my 38-year-old hubby and 5-year-old son), it's all about the Lego Wii games. Indy, Star Wars, and Batman. It's an obsession.