Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rambling Man

I don't even know what to write about anymore. I don't want to write about being sick any more, even though that is what is dominating our lives here. (L is more sick than before, and I am a little less sick.) Oddly enough I just thought I would write some random thoughts and see if it cheers me up.

1. If Mario Kart Wii were NASCAR my son would be in the running for the big money. He actually plays the online version now and races people from all over the world. They race 12 people at a time, and though he has only taken first a few times, he stays in the running most of the time.
2. I never knew the variety of colors mucus could be. Nuff said... OK too much said.
3. Did you know you can't buy those long orange hot wheels tracks with the little connectors any more. You can't get the loop de loop part any more either unless you buy it from some collector for way more than it is worth. Sad.
4. Corned beef is much easier to make than I thought. It is one of my favorite foods. I had no idea how expensive it is, but L bought some for me anyway, and I cooked it up for us. It turned out delicious even though I had no idea what I was doing. I am glad that although I was adopted I still have some Irish blood in me. I'd hate to think all that green beer I drank in college was in vain.
5. I think the number of resolutions I should make for next year is overwhelming. I may go with the most obvious one: I resolve to do everything I can to survive the each day and help as many people survive their day as I can. That may just be because we have been sick for so long that we are in survival mode. Maybe by the New Year I'll be more optimistic like, " I want to promote world peace around the world by spreading love and cheer around the world on a rainbow." Who knows?

Less than 2 days to recover before Christmas or Santa may not want to come here and cross the yellow 'Quarantined' tape to get into the house. Bring on the Juices: Now Orange, Now melon, Now grape and cranberry, on kiwi and pomegranate, Acai and Raspberry. To the top of the fridge! to the top of the shelf! drink away drink, away drink away self!

7 comments:

Julie@Cool Mom Guide said...

Other than my obvious love for the Wii Fit, Mario Kart is my second love. We have ours linked to my moms so we can race each other from states away! Happy Holidays!

Preston said...

I'm sorry you guys are feeling so bad. I don't play video games but I do have a Playstation II that is not hooked up. LOL I am broken hearted that you can no longer buy orange hot wheel tracks. I remember when I was about 12 and my best friend, Bob, got a big hot wheels track set for Christmas. We set it up in his attic. It had two loops and a little station that had an internal spinner so the cars would continue around the track without any help. I loved that set.

One of our favorite meals here is corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. Yummy. It is easy to cook and oh so tasty. In spite of the ongoing sickness, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Ho!Ho!Ho!

Maricris said...

I hope that things get better so you can all enjoy the Christmas tomorrow. I wish you well and Merry Christmas!!!

Nicole said...

I hope that you felt better and had a magical Christmas! It is so hard to do much when you feel sick, even when I'm fine, I still find myself wondering what to blog about :) The corned beef sounds yummy! Take good care... Nicole

Ken said...

Julie, We got ourselves a wii fit for Christmas so we can join in the weight loss fun. In fact, I should be doing a little yoga on it right now, but instead I have some drops to make. Isn't there always something to keep us from exercise?
Anne, I think guitar hero would be a blast! I seem to suck at the real guitar, but maybe I could pick up guitar hero since it is more video game like. Thanks for the holiday wishes, hope you all had a good Christmas as well.
Preston, I could eat corned beef and cabbage everyday. It had been so long since I last had it.I must have heard some thing that reminded me about it, and I just had to have some. If I lived closer to a real city with a deli I could at least eat some corned beef sandwiches, but no such luck.
Maricris, Thanks for the wishes. Hope you have a good Christmas as well.
Nicole, it really does get hard to think of things to write when you are not feeling well. Mostly I was just feeling like eating and sleeping. Luckily, well, luck based on antibiotic drugs, I feel much better now. Hope I can come up with something to post about tomorrow.
Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope everything went perfectly and the meals came out incredible for all of you. Now, on to the New Year's festivities and resolutions.

Anne said...

Glad you are feeling better! We have been missing you. And, yes, Guitar Hero is the best. Since it is a teenagers and 20 year old game, it makes me feel young and hip (I know I am not, but it is fun to feel that way sometimes).

Toni said...

Hope Santa delivered some wellness! Hope you all feel better and had a Merry Christmas!