Saturday, December 6, 2008

New WordPress Theme Finally Working

I would like to thank my wonderful wife for finally figuring out the problem with my theme. This is not the theme I had originally picked out, however. That theme was not willing to work with me at all. Although it was widget ready, it apparently had its own mind and was deciding on its own where to put my widgets. I would place one on the left-side sidebar, and it would show up on the right-side sidebar. Sometimes all of them would move to the left, sometimes just some. Not only that, but the designer of the theme put latin words in there to use as examples, but there were places where the text was no where to be found in the code. I couldn't get rid of the latin phrases. It may have seemed cool and sophisticated to have latin text on my site, but who knows what it really said. So, after two days of attempts to fix that theme L and I finally decided to search for a new theme. The theme you are seeing now is the result of that 45 second search. Three days to find the theme that failed to work, and a matter of seconds to find this one. Oddly enough, this one works very well for me. I like that it has a little more color than the last theme I was using, has better headings, offers a quick link to my last five posts, and has better tabs at the top for my other pages. It seems easier to move around in as far as I can tell, and since all of the widgets ended up where we put them, I am very happy. 

I hope that as the ones reading this site you find it to be an improvement for you as well. We tested it on three different browsers and all seemed to work fine. If you are getting any errors or find anything not working as it should on your end, please let me know. Thank you for your patience and support.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your new theme! You and your wife did a great job! I like the little square pics of your family. You have the cutest kids!

Ken said...

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words.

Nicole said...

Your new theme looks great--I almost forgot where I was for a minute, then I noticed your pics--so cute!

Ken said...

Well, three out of the four pics are very cute. That guy on the left there seriously drags down the cuteness factor. =-) Thanks for commenting. Good to know I am not the only one who likes the new theme.

Elaine said...

I think it looks nice! not that I saw anything wrong with the last one either... PS. your kids are adorable!

Wendy said...

It looks great!!

Toni said...

I love the new look!

Signe said...

Yeah, looks great!

stephentan82 said...

Your blog looks nice. :D

Anthony Vecchioni said...

Looks good to me. I look forward to reading more of your family stories. . .