Friday, December 12, 2008

I Can Not Beee-Leeeve It!

Mom! Are you reading this? Another award has been bestowed upon your favorite child. Well, I am definitely in the top 4 of your children. Unless there is another sibling I don't know about... This award is for my ability to smile while describing the often maddening chaos that is our life here on the farm. Well, at least that is what I think it's for, so I am going with that. This award was granted to me by Bloggin' Mama. Obviously a woman with outstanding tastes, so everyone who reads this should head over to her site after reading this and pay her a visit. 

[caption id="attachment_471" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="The Smile Award"]The Smile Award[/caption]

Here are the rules for the Smile Award: 

1) Display a cheerful attitude, ( Well, I try.)

2) Love one another, (OK, as long as they are not poking a stick in my eye I can do that.)

3) Make mistakes, ( Ohhh man! I could totally win the Make Mistakes Award if there were one.)

4) Learn from others,  (Even my 3 year old teaches me things each day.) 

5) Be a positive contributor to the blog world, ( If this means write something useful, hmmm. Let me get back to you on that.) 

6) Love life, ( More and more each day.)

7) Love kids. (As T would say,"Daddy loves me even if I go scribble, scribble scribble." No, I am not sure exactly why he says that, but it is true.) 

The rules for the Smile Award are: 1) Please link back, 2) Post the rules, 3) Choose 5 people to give it to , 4) Recipients must fill the characteristics above, 5) Create a post to share this, 6) Thank the winners.

So on to the passing of the award off to others who seriously deserve it much more than I. I hope they do not already have this award, since the award was probably designed with them in mind. Each of these is on the list because I can't help but be inspired, smile, and laugh when I read their very entertaining stories. Please check them out. 

Nicole @ Juicy Alligator 

The Wise (*Young*) Mommy Blog 

Julie @ Cool Mom Guide

The Un-Mom

Cheaper Than Therapy 

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations on your award--you have such a funny, positive way... I enjoy reading your blog each and every time I stop by! Thank you for sharing the award with me--I will definitely take the opportunity to pass it on--please give me a day or two to organize! Have a great weekend... ;)

The Mom said...

Thanks so much for the award Ken, I really appreciate the kindness, congratulations on yours as well!

Petra said...

Thank you so much Ken! This award means so much to me because I strive to make people smile every day! It makes me enormously happy to know that I have succeeded.

Thanks again!

Maricris said...

congrats on your award and to all the people getting them in return.

Joey said...

Yep, you definitely rock, my friend... congrats again.

Preston said...

Congratulations! Don't sell yourself short. You deserve this award!

Anne said...

Being a positive contributor is much more than just providing useful information (not saying that you don't because you certainly do). It also include being entertaining and you are entertaining ten fold.

julie@cool mom guide said...

AWW!! YAY! Thanks, man! You rock. I'm about to go to bed but I'll do this one tomorrow. Do you have a button for your site? I want to add it to my friends page.

Keely said...

Congrats, you totally deserve it! I'm not sure if I do but thanks so much! :)

My Dad Rocks said...

Hi Ken,

I came across your site when I was browsing through Entrecard. Looks very interesting. I will definitely be dropping by more often.

Ken said...

Nicole - You really deserve the award. I love your blog.
The Mom - I started reading your blog recently, and am glad I found it. I added you to my list of blogs I follow each day.
Petra - OMG Your blog cracks me up. You have a great sense of humor about everything.
Maricris - Thank you. I like your blog also. You gave good tips on how to lose readers in a week. =-)
Preston - Thanks, I appreciate it. I almost gave the award to you also, but really, I can't give you every award. People will talk.
Anne - Thank you for the inspiring remarks. I am glad you find me entertaining. I must be doing something right.
Julie - No, You Rock!! And Yes, I do have a button it is right on my side bar. My wonderful wife made one up for me so I could be shared throughout the universe like a good whiskey. OK, that part I made up.
Keely - Of course you do! Your blog is wonderful and I enjoy reading it. Actually you know I like two of your blogs. I am not sure if there are more. And, that is even after I found out you were Canadian, so that has to mean something. LOL
My Dad Rocks - Thanks for finding me. I hope I can keep things interesting enough for you to stick around. I'll do my best.