Monday, April 6, 2009

My Random Tuesday

I like Tuesdays. I like them because it seems the best day to just blurt stuff out and not worry about putting things into any logical order. I think that Keely over at the UnMom is to thank for allowing us this Tuesday freedom from order by coming up with her weekly Random Tuesday Thoughts.

1. We went on a mini vacation this past week end for a wedding. Unfortunately we didn't think the whole thing through so well. The drive down should have taken eight hours. We had a baby and a toddler in the car, and much of the ride sounded like, "I have to pee!", "I am hungry!" "I have to potty!". Which lead to multiple unplanned stops along with many planned stops for exercise and food. Twelve hours later we arrived at our destination. Day two involved a three hour drive across the state, and then day three left from the new location allowed us to have a nice thirteen hour ride home. I have to add that I have the best wife and kids in the world. They made this long trip without any problems. I don't think the baby even cried more than five minutes the entire ride. We do now realize that flying would be a much better option the next time we head down that way. 

2. My son seems to have some odd powers that are a little freaky. He reminds me of some character on Heroes or something. Don't believe me? I don't blame you, but here is what we have seen so far: 

a. One rainy day I didn't want to go out to work in the rain so I jokingly asked T to make the rain stop. He put his hands on the window and yelled "Stop Rain!" and within a minute or two the rain ended. OK, I know that is total coincidence. I might be with you on that one. 

b. Driving him home from school we were practicing colors by naming the colors of oncoming cars as they passed us. When there were no cars coming I still asked him,"What color is the next car?" He told me a color, and the next car that eventually came by was that color. I did it again, and again he was right. I did it a third time, and he picked the right color again. I was about to drive him to some paranormal research center at that point, when he finally got the next one wrong. But three out of four car colors right on cars that he could not have seen coming due to hills and distance... That's freaky. 

c. Before this trip I found a gameboy game cartridge in a box full of junk. I thought it would be nice for him to have a new game to keep him busy on the ride. As we were driving my wife gave him the game. He put it in and it didn't work. He gave it to my wife because she said she would look at it and maybe get it to work. After taking it out and putting it back in and trying a few other things she determined it was just a bad cartridge. She told T that it was a bad game and he would have to play his other game instead. "NO! Give me it! I want to play that game!" I said,"T its broken, we don't have any magic to make a broken game work. If it is broken it won't work." He kept persisting he could make it work. My wife said OK, and gave it to him to let him see for himself it wouldn't work, but dang if he didn't flip the switch and have the game come right up. 

d. Finally, and this is a little lame in the paranormal world I would assume: T watches Toy story every once in a while and in it the mean neighbor kid plays that crane game where you move the crane over the toys and then drop it down. It grips a toy and then carries it over to the little door and drops it in. Everyone has seen this game, many have played it, but I have never seen anyone win it and actually get a prize. So I prepared him many times telling him that no one wins this game. I wanted him to be ready when the crane came up empty. We were at a breakfast together with the whole family and he sees one of these games. I thought I would let him try it. He tells me that he doesn't need any help. Come on, he just turned four. It is a crane operated by a joystick. I gave him the concept that he has to pick a toy, move the crane over it and then push the button to drop the crane claw on it. I reiterated that no one ever wins this, and that we were not going to play it again. I just wanted him to try it once and see how it works. You see where this is headed. Next scene has the family gathered around taking pictures of him in front of the game with his prize. 



3. I had my first dance with my daughter at a wedding. For being two feet tall she is quite a good dancer. I think the thirty hours of driving involved in the weekend were worth it for those few minutes. 

 



4. I am somehow now addicted to a game called Mafia Wars on FaceBook. It seems so lame, but I keep logging in to check on my "Mafia Family" to make sure I'm not being attacked and to attack others and cause general havoc in my attempt to create my empire of wealth and power. Like I need something else sucking my time away from me. 

5. Have a great Tuesday.

2 comments:

Otter said...

How is your son at picking horse races? I might need to hire him.

frogmama said...

I see everyone is thinking along the same lines--how to financially profit from your son's psychic abilities. LOL. Beat me to it.